Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Review: Queen of Chaos by Kat Ross (The 4th Element #3)

Title: Queen of Chaos (The 4th Element #3)
Author: Kat Ross
Release date: January 18th
Blurb:
Persepolae has fallen.
Karnopolis has burned.
As the dark forces of the Undead sweep across what remains of the empire, Nazafareen must obey the summons of a demon queen to save Darius's father, Victor. Burdened with a power she doesn't understand and can barely control, Nazafareen embarks on a perilous journey through the shadowlands to the House-Behind-the-Veil. But what awaits her there is worse than she ever imagined…
A thousand leagues away, Tijah leads a group of children on a desperate mission to rescue the prisoners at Gorgon-e Gaz, the stronghold where the oldest daēvas are kept. To get there, they must cross the Great Salt Plain, a parched ruin occupied by the armies of the night. A chance encounter adds a ghost from the past to their number. But will they arrive in time to avert a massacre?
And in the House-Behind-the-Veil, Balthazar and the Prophet Zarathustra discover that they have more in common than meets the eye. But is it enough to redeem the necromancer's bloodstained soul and thwart his mistress's plans?
As a final showdown looms with Queen Neblis, the truth of the daēvas' origins is revealed and three worlds collide in this thrilling conclusion to the Fourth Element series.











Dear People,

Please meet what has in fact become one of my favorite series ever.
I usually favour a book (of a series) over another but this is honestly the first time that I love all of them unconditionally.

This book as its predecessors has a thick plot, with no lack of fun moments, twists and jaw dropping revelations. I didn't see them coming...not at all,which is a good thing on itself.

Balthazar confirmed himself to be one of those wonderfully grey characters. He and Lysandros (who, by the way, totally grew on me) definitely deserve a spin-off.

The final showdown between Neblis and Nazafareen didn't go as I had expected, it surprised me in the best way possible * definitely thumbs up from my side*.

The origins of daevas are finally revealed. I won't spoil anything, just know that all in all the world building as a whole is  beautifully imaginative and well detailed.

Tijah shined in this book and I look forward to read more about the quest she embarked on together with her new companions *my lips are sealed....*

Now let me tell you about the OTP of my heart a.k.a. Darius & Nazafaren. Alone they are two wonderful characters, together they're  amazing it is hard to put feelings into words.

 

  

I really can't bear the thought of saying goodbye to them. I won't, I refuse to!!

Luckily, the heartbreakingly beautiful and bittersweet ending leaves enough space for possible sequels (The ending was also extremely appropriate *sighs*).

What I did like: Everything.
What didn't like: Nothing.
Final verdict?

5+ blossoms!!

I don't know what I am supposed to do with my life now....Give me more Nazi & Darius, please!! (every-time I read about them is like coming home...)

PS: Go and grab your copy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment